Skip to main content

A better update

If you're new here, welcome!  If you're a friend, or Insta follower, then I'm sorry for the repeats, but it'll be quick I promise.  We'll call this a mid-April resolution to keep up with the blog and see how long it lasts.  I'm not a writer by any means, and can ramble on too long or switch topics too often, but I have a lot to say.  What really brought me back was reading a blog I've loved for a long time, and getting tired of all the links going to Neiman Marcus or some $100 face serum.  What happened to the hair tutorials, day to day life, how you struggled to get through a workout, or coupon hauls?  I felt like since I was missing that, maybe someone else is too.  So you'll see a lot of that here.  Well, minus the hair tutorials because your girl can barely master a ponytail.

So what else?  I'm 5 weeks into keto, and so far so good although having someone to do it with definitely helps.  I no longer have a gym membership and solely workout at home which has gone surprisingly well. (If you don't know The Fitness Marshall and like your cardio in dance form, go now)  Still have the 2 cats.  Bailey is coming up on 16, and Jax, affectionately known as "Kitten" is almost 3 and a whopping 13.5 pounds.  He's not nearly as much of a jerk anymore either.  I deleted my Facebook awhile back and it really lifted a weight I didn't know I was carrying.  

Posts might be a quick link to a great deal, or something longer.  Time will tell where this goes.  For now, a gratuitous cat pic, because that's all I got.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those links on the side - Part 3

So maybe I did save the best for last.  I followed  Love Your Melon  on social media for awhile before I was gifted one of their beanies for my birthday.  Living in Texas, there isn't a long season for needing beanies, and in the past the ones I've had I wore just as long as I had to because they would get so itchy.  All that changed with this black speckled beanie.  I can wear this all day long and it's so soft, it never bothers me! I love what LYM stands for.  They want to put a hat on every child battling cancer.  Not only that, but they give 50%(!) of their net profits to the Love Your Melon Fund to support non-profits in the fight against pediatric cancer.  I went from that one beanie to I think 5 or 6 now.  I had to add a couple of the lightweight beanies so I can extend my usage beyond our short winter.  Did I mention all their products are made in the USA?  There's really no reason to not run over and get yourself one.  Use my code @bchbnd and score free shi

The Lamb Cake

This was the first Good Friday I think I've ever worked.  It used to be a holiday for us, but when your company buys another company, not all good things come from it.  For the Polish, Easter is a bigger holiday than Christmas.  I was sitting in my office thinking about how there would be no Polish sausage, no lamb butter (in the shape of a lamb), and no lamb cake (again, no lambs harmed in making of cake).  I figured there had to be somewhere close by that I could get a lamb cake mold.  I started out calling the local craft stores, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Jo-Ann's.  No luck.  Next, a google search.  I could order one from Amazon, but it wouldn't deliver until after Easter.  Finally, local bakeries and baking supply stores.  Success!  A baking supply store 45 miles from work had one vintage 3-D lamb cake pan.  I took a long lunch and for $5, and half a tank of gas, here he is! Saturday was the day.  I googled a lot of recipes, and saw a lot of fails.  I went with

Those links on the side - Part 1

Over on the right there are a couple codes and links.  Remember when I said I look for a discount code when I shop?  I took it a step further and became a brand ambassador for some of my favorite things in order to share discounts with others.  I'll preface this by saying these are brands that I personally use, and believe in their missions.  I don't represent anything that I wouldn't buy, and I hate seeing social media "influencers" hawking products that you know they don't use just to make a buck. First up, the first brand I became a Rep for -  Pura Vida .  The story behind PV is that the creators were traveling in Costa Rica when they came across artisans selling colorful, handmade bracelets.  After seeing the poverty they lived in, Griffin and Paul asked to buy 400 bracelets to take home to their friends.  Once they returned home to San Diego, they put the bracelets in a bowl at a boutique, and they sold out in days, with request for more of these "