Skip to main content

Those links on the side - Part 3

So maybe I did save the best for last.  I followed Love Your Melon on social media for awhile before I was gifted one of their beanies for my birthday.  Living in Texas, there isn't a long season for needing beanies, and in the past the ones I've had I wore just as long as I had to because they would get so itchy.  All that changed with this black speckled beanie.  I can wear this all day long and it's so soft, it never bothers me!

I love what LYM stands for.  They want to put a hat on every child battling cancer.  Not only that, but they give 50%(!) of their net profits to the Love Your Melon Fund to support non-profits in the fight against pediatric cancer.  I went from that one beanie to I think 5 or 6 now.  I had to add a couple of the lightweight beanies so I can extend my usage beyond our short winter.  Did I mention all their products are made in the USA?  There's really no reason to not run over and get yourself one.  Use my code @bchbnd and score free shipping.  Regular beanie, cuffed, pom, cashmere, recycled, headbands, there's so many choices you'll have a hard time picking just one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I like to have hobbies.   Sometimes I have a hard time sticking with one, or I get frustrated, but I like to stay busy.   Texas is hot, so in the summer if I’m not in the pool, I’m in the a/c.   The husband also works a couple weekends a month, so having something to pass the time when it’s just me and the kitties is always a good thing. I have a pretty decent sewing machine, and last year I decided it was time to be a quilter.   How hard can it be?   Let’s just say harder than I thought.   The one my brother and sister in law were gifted with is associated with a good amount of swearing, and as I told them, just don’t look at it too closely.   Since then my only real attempt at sewing anything was some panels and a valance for a friend at work.   They actually came out pretty good, but it didn’t give me the confidence to do more.   I’ve made a few aromatherapy rice bags (disclosure: I don’t use my YLEO oils on these, only the cheapies), but my sewing machine is back under the dus

The Lamb Cake

This was the first Good Friday I think I've ever worked.  It used to be a holiday for us, but when your company buys another company, not all good things come from it.  For the Polish, Easter is a bigger holiday than Christmas.  I was sitting in my office thinking about how there would be no Polish sausage, no lamb butter (in the shape of a lamb), and no lamb cake (again, no lambs harmed in making of cake).  I figured there had to be somewhere close by that I could get a lamb cake mold.  I started out calling the local craft stores, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Jo-Ann's.  No luck.  Next, a google search.  I could order one from Amazon, but it wouldn't deliver until after Easter.  Finally, local bakeries and baking supply stores.  Success!  A baking supply store 45 miles from work had one vintage 3-D lamb cake pan.  I took a long lunch and for $5, and half a tank of gas, here he is! Saturday was the day.  I googled a lot of recipes, and saw a lot of fails.  I went with