Skip to main content

Those links on the side - Part 1

Over on the right there are a couple codes and links.  Remember when I said I look for a discount code when I shop?  I took it a step further and became a brand ambassador for some of my favorite things in order to share discounts with others.  I'll preface this by saying these are brands that I personally use, and believe in their missions.  I don't represent anything that I wouldn't buy, and I hate seeing social media "influencers" hawking products that you know they don't use just to make a buck.

First up, the first brand I became a Rep for - Pura Vida.  The story behind PV is that the creators were traveling in Costa Rica when they came across artisans selling colorful, handmade bracelets.  After seeing the poverty they lived in, Griffin and Paul asked to buy 400 bracelets to take home to their friends.  Once they returned home to San Diego, they put the bracelets in a bowl at a boutique, and they sold out in days, with request for more of these "friendship bracelets".  All of the bracelets are handcrafted by artisans around the world.  These bracelets give more than 650 people jobs, who can because of the support of PV, receive a steady income.  

I've been wearing mine for about 2 years and don't really take them off.  They haven't faded after hundreds of showers, and hours of ocean swims.  PV has partnered with numerous charities, and has given back almost $2 million.  They've expanded to jewelry, blankets, and monthly subscriptions.  And with my code LISANAIRN20, you can receive 20% off your regular priced purchase.  Oh, and make sure you're using ebates too, they always offer cash back.  Don't use ebates and online shop?  Run now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those links on the side - Part 3

So maybe I did save the best for last.  I followed  Love Your Melon  on social media for awhile before I was gifted one of their beanies for my birthday.  Living in Texas, there isn't a long season for needing beanies, and in the past the ones I've had I wore just as long as I had to because they would get so itchy.  All that changed with this black speckled beanie.  I can wear this all day long and it's so soft, it never bothers me! I love what LYM stands for.  They want to put a hat on every child battling cancer.  Not only that, but they give 50%(!) of their net profits to the Love Your Melon Fund to support non-profits in the fight against pediatric cancer.  I went from that one beanie to I think 5 or 6 now.  I had to add a couple of the lightweight beanies so I can extend my usage beyond our short winter.  Did I mention all their products are made in the USA?  There's really no reason to not run over and get yourself one.  Use my code @bchbnd and score free shi

2 Years Later...

So much for keeping up with this thing.  Honestly, I hadn't even looked at it in almost 2 years, but this past weekend with #lambcake3, it reminded me of what I went through to get the pan.  I wasn't feeling it at all, and had trouble from start to finish, but it turned out ok, even if the face oozed out of the pan and the frosting melted off the back.  As long as it tastes good, right? What really brought me back though, was reading a blog that I've followed for years and feeling so out of touch with this person I used to be able to relate to.  What used to be a mutual love of beauty products and hair tutorials has turned into mostly ads, shopping for $60 t-shirts, and exclaiming that $88 for 2 small bottles of facial serum is a steal.  So here I am, just after my almost lamb cake fail, Easter of frozen from a box pierogi (shame!), and depleting samples of skincare.  Still searching for someplace local that carries Polish sausage, or doesn't point me to Italian sau

The Lamb Cake

This was the first Good Friday I think I've ever worked.  It used to be a holiday for us, but when your company buys another company, not all good things come from it.  For the Polish, Easter is a bigger holiday than Christmas.  I was sitting in my office thinking about how there would be no Polish sausage, no lamb butter (in the shape of a lamb), and no lamb cake (again, no lambs harmed in making of cake).  I figured there had to be somewhere close by that I could get a lamb cake mold.  I started out calling the local craft stores, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Jo-Ann's.  No luck.  Next, a google search.  I could order one from Amazon, but it wouldn't deliver until after Easter.  Finally, local bakeries and baking supply stores.  Success!  A baking supply store 45 miles from work had one vintage 3-D lamb cake pan.  I took a long lunch and for $5, and half a tank of gas, here he is! Saturday was the day.  I googled a lot of recipes, and saw a lot of fails.  I went with